Off we go...We started our trip off super early. As Mike likes to say "O-Dark thirty". We needed to fly out of Portland for reasons unimportant to this blog. So here are some pics of the Pt. airport. And the adventure some call vacation! Really just reality on a tropical island. No complaints though!!!
The boys were plesently surprised to find new toys in their back packs once we were finally on the plane and in the air. I tortured them for as long as possible by not letting them look until we were well away from the airport. Mean? I don't think so...it was a 5 1/2 hour flight. I was just trying to drag out the excitement before the "How much longer?" pleas began!

After we got there we made new friends while waiting for our bags! Who knew Jennifer Love-Hewett and Jamie Kennedy were dating? Mike didn't believe me at first when I spotted them. He was a bit hesitent to ask for a picture. I won!! Great job Dale!

Pretty much everywhere we went Laura picked a flower.
Some as big as her head!

She insisted I get in on the Aloha spirit! Gladly I did.

One of our favirote places to eat is in Lahina at...Bubba Gumps!
We always take a picture here on the rock wall beside the restaurant.
We have quite a few now. Seems like we just keep adding little people to it!

I love this one of Dale.
He was in a somber mood that evening.
He absolutely LOVES Maui!
He would stay forever if we let him.


Mike and I were relaxing on the beach and realized Laura was sitting in the shadow of a palm tree. Beautiful!! Where else would you want to be?


Any questions on who her father is?

This is how Cole relaxed on the beach! He was such a trooper!!

It's hard to see but there are a bunch of rocks here in the water and it seems to be a favirote place for turtles to hang out! We always get our turtle fix here.
After we got there we made new friends while waiting for our bags! Who knew Jennifer Love-Hewett and Jamie Kennedy were dating? Mike didn't believe me at first when I spotted them. He was a bit hesitent to ask for a picture. I won!! Great job Dale!

Pretty much everywhere we went Laura picked a flower.
Some as big as her head!
She insisted I get in on the Aloha spirit! Gladly I did.
One of our favirote places to eat is in Lahina at...Bubba Gumps!
We always take a picture here on the rock wall beside the restaurant.
We have quite a few now. Seems like we just keep adding little people to it!
I love this one of Dale.
He was in a somber mood that evening.
He absolutely LOVES Maui!
He would stay forever if we let him.
Mike and I were relaxing on the beach and realized Laura was sitting in the shadow of a palm tree. Beautiful!! Where else would you want to be?
Any questions on who her father is?
This is how Cole relaxed on the beach! He was such a trooper!!
It's hard to see but there are a bunch of rocks here in the water and it seems to be a favirote place for turtles to hang out! We always get our turtle fix here.
This is when Laura had the turkey baster, Tiff!!!

She didn't care when or where as long as it was on the beach.

Or on the way to dinner...
Or on the way to dinner...
But not Andrew! He wouldn't cave for anything!
I think we was enjoying the peace after long days at the beach and pool.
We had dinner at Mike's favirote restaurant Kimo's.
The waiter brought him a Hula Pie 'on the house' for the special occasion.




Beautiful sunsets...of course.


Cole and I went shell hunting. Sadly we came back empty handed. Dale and Andrew were ALWAYS on the buggy boards. They got pretty good at it and tried all kinds of new tricks!


That's certainly not all the pictures I took, just a few special ones. Hard to pick from almost 500! My name is Rebekah Dorman and I have a problem! We had a great time and already miss Maui. We've shared the experience with others as well as a family alone and it never gets old. Mike always says to plan your next getaway before you leave...I say why leave? The answer is simple...We love our family and friends and would miss you all to terribly much to leave for good!
She was super excited.



...snoozing again! Do you blame her?
2 comments:
This whole entry made me smile. Looks like you had a really fun trip. I really really miss Maui now!
What a great trip! I love the picture of your whole family at the end. Christmas card anyone? I didn't know you had a blog... Glad I found it!
Post a Comment