Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Las Vegas Weekend

Last weekend Mike and I took a quick trip down to Las Vegas for his company's annual retreat.  Niether of us had ever been so we packed alot of sight seeing into the short 2 half days and 1 full day!  Our feet were pretty sore after Saturday.  Mike estimated that we walked about 6 miles that day, which doesn't seem like too big a deal but let me tell you when you choose the wrong type of shoes it seems like just about double that.  The strip was amazing with all the hotels and casinos!

This is the hotel we stayed at, Treasure Island. 
Huge and confusing with alot of diffrent directons to loose yourself in!!

This was in front of the Bellagio where the super awsome fountain shows were. 
There's night shots bellow.


We ate lunch here at Fat Burgers.  They were't kidding...Mike ordered the XL burger. 
Believe it of not there was a XXL too.  Talk about gut rot!




The Stratosphere is Las Vegas' version of the Space Needle.  Except...there are 3 rides atop this marvel.  One had us spinning out over the edge of the top which left Mike with sore hands from gripping so tightly!  I couldn't stop laughing-at him!  The one on the very top was similar to the Extreme Scream at the Puyallup Fair.  Just not as high.  Mike kept telling himself  "this isn't real, this isn't real".  I about died laughing!  Who's the tough guy here....NOT Mike!







These are some of the many hotels and other sights we saw!  Can't wait until next year!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary J said...

Cute blog. And what a fun weekend. We used to take Vegas road trips all the time from BYU. So this made me nostalgic.

Kristie said...

Glad you had fun in Vegas!! I don't think I would make it on the stratosphere. :)