Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pinewood Derby!

Yesterday evening was Dale's cub scout pack's Pinewood Derby!  And oh was it a derby!
There were 24 boys who participated and plenty of Dads...Actually the boys did a great job comming up with some pretty creative cars.
So I finally caved and made the purchase of a SWEET scout leader shirt.  Which I promptly glued patches to.  I even earned a "trained" one for taking the online safety course.  Needless to say I was made fun of a bit. That's ok though.  Before I dropped Laura off at Gramma's house she told me I looked beautiful in my "new" shirt!  So there...  :)
Emily and I provided the treats for the pack...Twinkie cars and donut tires!!  The boys had a great time and the evening was a success!!!



4 comments:

April Bishop said...

You look great in kaki... Cute treats!

Celeste Pearson said...

Love the twinkie cars! Okay, I just love twinkies and donuts, but put together like a car makes it almost (almost, but not really) too cute to eat!!

And Rix would love Dale's car. Flames AND skulls?? Awesome!!

Kristie said...

You are such a fabulous scout leader! I am so glad Jaxson is in your den! Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Tyrell Berner said...

Love the shirt! I almost wanted one! And cole is stinkin hilarious with the cars in his onsie