Monday, March 1, 2010

Creativity Re-Visited...

It's Monday 12:31 pm and here I sit in utter frusteration...Why? Because I have a 19 month old who has trained for the baby Olympics and is going for the GOLD! Nap times are never going to be the same again! @#$%^&*!!! Last tuesday was the highlight of his training and he now has perfected his escape...From his crib! And to add a little pint size "McTwist" (thanks Shaun White for the terminology) he also has thrown in a little door opening action. Bed time-nap time is all but relaxing now. So to solve the extreme frusteration of the situation here's an old trick Mike and I use to use on Andrew and Dale in our first house-oh and our second. Thank goodness for close doors and opposing angles! There is a little guilt involved. I stress a little only because I feel like I'm hindering his progress in his goal setting...but really...what would he be doing now if I let him out? He'd be cranky (since he was up at 6:30 AM!) and clinging to me. Those 2 factors just do not mix in my relm of the universe. I love him too much to let him out :)  Sorry Laura, your room is currently out of service!



2 comments:

April Bishop said...

Excellent strategy. It will only forward his olympic training as he is forced to come up with new escape plans... It's for his own good. Really...

WASHINGTON PUCKETTS: said...

Sometimes sanity is more important than a child's freedom. :0)