This past weekend Mike and I took off for a little break from reality to celebrate his birthday and put some Norah Jones tickets to good use! Mike surprised me for valentines day with the pair!!! Just in case you didn't know I AM QUITE THE FAN! I've loved her music since her first album almost 8 years ago! Anyways. We took off saturday afternoon after Drew's baseball jamboree. Since it was pretty late when we got there we decided to find a Thai restaurant and catch a flick. Just my speed. Sunday we got up and headed to the coast. We found ourselves in Lincholn City. Cute little coastal town with not too much to do and even less to see. We managed though.
The Oregon coast was actually quite beautiful this time around! The sun was struggling to shine through the thin clouds but somehow it managed. Mike and I fell asleep for about an hour and got a bit pinker than expected. My face was spared...thanks to my SPF infused foundation! Look closely at the picture on the right...that's Mike on the phone. Rare, I think not! We'll bury him with it for sure.
The man does know how to be serious, I promise...but there are the few occasions when food just needs to be shown...whatever! (that's banana oozing forth to say "what's up")
After our nap and beach combing (I found Andrew a pile of awsome skipping rock) we headed out to find some thing for dinner. Super good clam chowder at Mo's and of course Mike's favirote
Cheese Cake Factory cheese cake for a late night desert!
Even the scenery was nice from our hotel...ahhhhh Ross! You know we headed there bright and early monday morning! Believe it or not I found a new pair of shoes to add to my dwindling collection =].
We shopped all day and didn't even stop for lunch. Of course Mike found a ton to purchase and I ended up going back for a new pair of running shoes! These I actually need.
We headed back to the hotel to spruse up and then downtown to find somewhere to dine. Mike was in the mood for italian so we found a nice little place a few blocks from the concert hall. All was well until I opened my menu to a not-so-appitizing little left over! Someone had a chuckle at my expense...After a bit I managed to see the humor in the situation and feel a little sorry for the poor curious fly. Needless to say we did not order the Parmigiana Bread. Didn't sound too good after that.
Then off the show!!!
We had fantastic seats! Great job Mike!!! My love affair was deffinately strengthened that evening...Her music is just my flava...














3 comments:
Wow!!! Absolutely jealous!!! I am a HUGE Norah Jones fan. Huge! Anyway, I'm so glad you guys got to go on such a great getaway. How fun! Happy Birthday to Mike(late).
What an awesome weekend! Bryan and I went to Lincoln City about a year ago. It was a little cold for my liking :) Sounds like you all had a ton of fun and, my favorite part, ate lots of yummy food!
I'm glad you finally found those elusive running shoes! Sounds like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment