Monday, June 7, 2010

Ahhhhhh....

  Well, almost!  Yep, we did it again.  Maui all the way!!  Really what do you expect of a vacation with 4 kids and one being an almost terrible 2!  Actually is was a great family (we'll get our "re-do" later without the little people) vacation with lots of fun, family and great friends! 

{Day one}
Take off!



 {Day 2}
Start the fun in the sun!  Pale bodies and all...
 All was going well until Drew discovered he was turning into an Avatar!  His new (black) rash guard wasn't washed before the first use..oops!  The combo of the die and the sunblock caused a very interesting shade of skin for him.  We all got a good laugh at his expense.
 
That evening we decided to go out for dinner to one of all of our favirotes...Bubba Gumps!
 
We walked around a bit after dinner and the girls deceided on a couple ukeleles.

{Day 3}
Makenna Beach...

 
Shopping at Shops of Wailea...

and dinner at...


Great food and even better company!  I think the the hostess was a bit taken when we asked for a table for 11!!  This happened quite a bit over the next few days...



I loved this collection of ukeleles.  I think I might try to duplicate some thing like this. 
Better start my collection I suppose.


{Day 4}
More beach and pool time! Followed with a BBQ! Sorry no pics.  I couldn't find my battery charger so I was trying to preserve the last little bit of juice until I could get to Circut City down the street...found the silly thing in the video camera bag, right where I safely placed it!
{Day 5}
We met up with The Almond family who were also vacationing there in Maui. 
 Since it was Sunday we deceided to head up the mountain for a "sunday drive" after church.
Sounded nice until we got to the top and couldn't see a thing!  It was too cloudy and cold for the likes of us!



{Day 6}
You guessed it more pool time. 
We headed to the lower pool for a change of scenery. 
Good times as excpected.

Who let the crazies out?
After cleaning up we headed to Lahaina for another one of our favirotes...Bj's Pizzaria.  Actually now it's Lahaina Pizza Co.  It will always be Bj's in our memories.  Still the very BEST pizza ever to grace my pallet!
                                                                        {Day 7}
                This beach was the easiest one for the little guys.  Rightly named "Baby Beach". 
   The surf was calm,  the water was shallow, and the sand was soft...what more could you ask for?
Love this shot!  They were obviously relaxed.

{Day 8}
 We spent the entire day at the pool.  The Campbells and Almonds came for a BBQ
later that evening and all the kids got a bit more swimming in.
Cole found this pirate somewhere along the way and pretty much had it where ever we went. 
Him and Dale spent quite a bit of time in the waterfall throwing it and watching it
float (super slowly) back to them.
LOVE  the sight of this!
...and this!

Drew-Jaxson-Mark-Dale-Scott

{Day 9}
Polo Beach...

This was a new game the boys came up with to entertain themselves.  The point of it?  To hang on even while the waves toss you around.  Worked pretty well. 

We found a little hidden beach nestled between the rocks where no one bothered us. 
We covered Mike in sand, threw muddy sand at the rocks trying to cover them completely,
and pretty much just hung out.  Good times.
                                                                  {Day 10}
                                                          Royal Lahaina Luau

Dale doesn't follow directions very well...even when they're written on the front of the object.
                                                         Love the face Jaxson!

Before the show started they invited anyone who wanted to to come up on stage and learn a simple hula.  Of course all the kids were more than egar to participate...well exept Laura.

Mike bought the kids a drink in a tiki mug.  It was such a hot evening all the kids gathered around like little calves around the watering hole.  We got a good laugh! 

{Day 11} 
Once again this fine day was filled with beaches and then a wonderful adult dinner at The Pineapple Grill in north Maui in the small town of Kapalua.  The Almond girls were gracious enough to look after all 9 little people so us grown ups could enjoy some wonderful company, fantasticly tastey food, and much needed conversation!

{Day 12}
This sunday we spent at a awsome sacrement meeting followed by some exqusite BBQ'd ribs!  From the looks of it there was a rib eating contest going on and we didn't even know it!

Cole and Carson entertained themselve by stuffing a whole bunch of pink leaves into the snack machine...I think they were under the impression it was "maui curencey". 
After dinner we headed into the condo to spruse up for our traditional family pictures.  We wait until the (almost) last day to take them so we're all nice and sun kissed.  Cole was the only one who looked like he stayed indoors the entire vacation.  He's anti-sun, I'm convinced!

That night we ventured to the beach for the sunset and while Mike and I were having our Maui moment the boys snuck into the water...right in front of us.  By this time we were pretty tired from all the commotion of the past few days and just let it go!
Here's where the AHHHHHHH spoken of in the begining comes in!
The sand was like butter at this beach!  Super smooth and cool by this point of the evening.
{Day 13}
Relaxing by the pool.   

{Day 14}
Back to Polo Beach...
Poor pack mule...I mean Mike :) This was the funniest thing to watch. 
I actually was carring Cole and another pile of stuff!  Silly tourists...
Another traditional family picture...We went to "the city" (Lahaina) one last time.  Had a delicious dinner at Mike's favirote...Kimo's.  I had the Polynesian Chicken in honor of Kristie!!

{Day 15}
Our last sunset in Maui...another AHHHH moment.  Even the kids enjoyed this one.
So here's the view from the airport just before we borded the plane for home.  Yep that's the mountain nice and clear with not a cloud to obstruct the view if you were at the top!  Sorry Campbells and Almonds...I promise it is breath taking at the top looking down on the island. 


5 comments:

Kristie said...

I am so impressed that you remembered each day! It has just turned into a fantastic blur for me... :) Loved every minute of it and can't wait for the do-over!

Tyrell Berner said...

You are my new hero. It's hard enough having one baby and you have 4....on vacation! I love all of the family photos.

Brandon and Emily said...

Ahhhhh... the memories. So glad you guys had fun.

Rochelle said...

Wow! Such an amazing trip! I really want to take my kids someday soon!! And 2 weeks sounds heavenly...I always think our 'week-long' vacations are just not long enough! Great family photos too!

Celeste Pearson said...

Sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you all had a great time! And I love the pics, especially Mike's "tourist" one.