Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cub Scout Day Camp 2010...

This year was Drew's 1st year at Cub Scout Day Camp. 
He barely made it too with his birthday being the weekend before. 
 I was one of the lucky parents to have the opprptunity to "volunteer" for a day and was it a day! 
This is their flag they carried all over the camp...Den #6!!!
Knot tying!  This is much more difficult that needs be with a bunch of boys.  We had the same difficulties in den meeting when I tried to teach them.  It's one of those things you either get or don't and just end up packing Duct Tape instead!  Note the confused looks on their faces :)
Drew demonstrates how to make good (or knot so good) use of a bad know tying lesson...
Then off to archery...
Kim (one of the other leaders for our little group) and I even joined the fun at this station. 
I got a dead center bulls eye too!!
At the arts and crafts station the boys made picture frames with popcicle sticks and other crafty junk. 
Who knows what happened to Drew's :)
Drew liked this station the very best.  BB Guns!  Right up his alley.  Santa brought the boys a BB gun for Christmas last year and they have had a great time in the woods shooting all kinds of stuff.  So to have an actual target was super fun for them both.

End of the day play time...Kim and I just sat in the shade and just about died!  Each day was from 8:30am to 4:15pm!  My boys were useless for the entire week after their day at camp! 
Was kinda nice...too tired to fight!!!

1 comment:

Brandon and Emily said...

So sad that I missed it this year. :( Only 3 more years and I get to join again.