Wednesday, March 9, 2011

24 Truths/ Ironies

I know it's been a terribly long time since I've posted but rest assured I've been finding the time to blog stalk ALL of you!! :)  That's how I came across these.  My super funny sister in law had this on her blog and I stole it from her to share with all of you!  I added my comments in pink just in case you were wondering...


1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
(I also think your hidden stash of candy, shoes, jewelery, purses, and CHILDREN should go to them too! Who wants the other half of my best friend charm now???)



2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
(And that moment never fails to rear it's ugly head...)


3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
(Seriously...nap time makes much more sense now.  And the process of getting the little people to nap calls for it even more!)



4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
(Cuz foul language is so un-creative and some times typing your disgust is more curagious that telling someone off  using your voice!)


5. How the heck are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
(Mine go in the closet as a lump unless have 15 minutes to be a perfectionist)



6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
(NOPE!)


7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on # 5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.



8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.



9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
(Probably around nap time as a child)



10. Bad decisions make good stories.
(I'm sadly full of good stories...ask any of my friends!)



11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
(Replace work with any environment you do something regularly and it all works just the same...)




12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.



13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report that I swear I did not make any changes to.



14. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
(And even programed some with diffrent "warning" rings just incase I'm shopping somewhere and don't want to look at the phone, discover who it is, send it directly to voice mail and then hear the message later that says they saw you do such a thing!).  But not any of you!


15. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.



16. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay .
(I'd still like to try the Kay Jewelers thing though...)



17. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
(I'd never be able to relocate my child"hood" home then...Some of you know what I mean.)



18. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
(I don't usually try...)



19. How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear or understand a word they said?
(Our latest trip to Cabo warrented alot of nodding and even just looking away...so much for 3 years of spanish!)




20. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!



21. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever.



22. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
(I usually just ask someone more intelligent looking at this point...)




23. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey - but I'd bet everyone can find and push the snooze button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time, every time.



24. Why does Donald Duck always put a towel on after getting out of the shower but never wears pants?
( I added this one out of curriosity...)


Which one(s) did you like best?!
 
PS.  I promise to blog more...just hang on. Don't give up on me yet! :)

4 comments:

Tyrell Berner said...

#21 is me in a nutshell. And I only have 2 pair of pants....

April Bishop said...

I have always wanted a way to get some sarcasm across in writing. It should be something like italics, only cooler. And meaner... :)

Heidi said...

They are all hilarious!! But my fav's are 1, 7, 10, and 12. And I completely agree with you on your comment on number 1! lol Oh, and I am really looking forward to more blogging from you.

Kristie said...

I liked every single one, but since I'm at work right now (on a break of course) reading your blog, I guess my fav for the moment is #11. :)