Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Arizona

We took a quick trip to Arizona to visit Mike's little sister(Elise) and husband(Kraig) but really to meet their little baby girl Sydney Elise!  Oh my was she delicious!!  I had a really hard time leaving her. 
Elise: Kraig: Sydney on her blessing day.  She wore Laura's blessing dress
 which made the day even more sentimental for Mike and I.
Ryan: Christine (Momma): Elise: Mike: Bad B
I had so slip my not so high sandals off so I wouldn't be a "Helga" in this pic...big mistake..HUGE!  We were standing on the beautifully low maintenance sharp jagged rocks Arizonians call lawn.  My look is really not a happy face. I wanted to cry like a little child! Had to double check my feet weren't bleeding.  Ha!
After the blessing and festivities that the blessed day called for Mike and I headed north for some sight seeing...Of course.  When have we ever gone somewhere just for one purpose??  So we drove to the Grand Canyon.  Quite grand and quite the canyon. Confession: I wanted to stay in Phoenix and shop but Mike had bigger plans.  Which I'm so glad he did!!  We drove atraigh to Grand Canyon Village. Stayed one night and did the Canyon.  Fot got the t shirt though...We stayed a night in Sedona too on the way back down to Phoenix...Beautiful!  When we drove in to Sedona it was about 10pm so needless to say we didn't really see and surroundings.  Oh but what a surprise we had the next morning.  Simply gorgeous!  We drove around taking in all sights then did a little shopping in their quaint little down town.  Then off to check out some more sights...







 Nevermind the lumberjack wanna be in front of this gergous tree...All the other shots were even more terrible or out of focus so here it is all you get of the lovely spotted trees. They kinda remind me of the painted forest on Maui.  Mike took me by surprise in one of my cut loose moments...Whatever :)

1 comment:

Miss Chelsey said...

I love you guys!!!! I MISS YOU!!!!!